Parkinson’s symptoms can be managed with proper Physiotherapy movement evaluation, diagnosis and treatment, and rehabilitation including physical, task oriented therapy and speech therapies.
Our expert physiotherapists will assess the patient condition and identify the affected movements, which are slow due to neuromuscular spasticity (tightness) and postural instability to advocate the model of a task specific approach to train the patient everyday living.
We review the treatment regularly and adjust according to the changing constellation of movement disorders that present as the disease progress.
Parkinson’s disease rehabilitation treatment
The physiotherapists are specially trained to care for people with neurological conditions and treat Parkinson’s patients. Advanced certifications include Neuro-Developmental Treatment (NDT) certification, Master degree in Neurological Physiotherapy, and Speech therapy certification.
As needed for their particular treatment plan, our services include:
- Core areas of Physiotherapy – Gait, transfers, dexterity, balance, falls, posture and Physical activity
- Main interventions – Cueing, cognitive movement strategies, exercise for physical capacity
- Muscle tone assessment and movement training
- Gait assessments and ambulation training to get a proper walking pattern
- Balance assessments and equilibrium training
- Strength and coordination building to increase mobility and ability to perform activities of daily living (such as bathing, dressing, and making dinner)
- Diet and exercise for endurance training
- Evaluation of daily living activities and adaptations
- Recommendations for energy conservation
- Recommendations for work simplification
- Treatment for bladder control issues, including incontinence
- Speech assessment and therapy to improve communication skills
- Caregiver training and counselling
- Speech and voice disorder therapy – An evidence based training technique that focuses on improving voice quality, articulation and vocal intensity.
We offer six to twelve week multi-disciplinary programs for management of Parkinson’s disease. Our Program includes:
Patient education and counseling
done by dedicated therapists and trained counselor to help manage stress, learn relaxation techniques and to cope living with Parkinson’s and deal with issues like stress/depression that are associated to it. Your caregiver will also receive counseling sessions as and when required.
Aqua therapy exercises
that help improve overall flexibility, balance and muscle strength. Low impact exercises are done under shallow depths of water in our temperature controlled indoor pool. These exercises help overcome fear of falling, restore gait and movement patterns and improve overall confidence levels during movement and walking.
Physical therapy exercises
focusing on strength training, balance, aerobic conditioning, use of external cues during gait training and activities to improve coordination – resulting in overall improvement in motor performance and quality of life.
one of the most beneficial therapies for Parkinson’s disease, helps in increasing flexibility, improving posture and promotes relaxation.
offering is optional depending on the client’s individual requirement.
Music and Dance therapy
sessions to keep your spirits up and helping you stay active in a fun filled interactive dance program.