Aquatic therapy refers to exercises performed in a controlled and monitored water environment, usually a temperature controlled pool. It uses the resistance of water instead of weights, taking off excess pressure on the joints. Water has proven to be one of the best environments to achieve full function regardless of the injury. Water improves flexibility and muscular strength. The warmth of the water and its therapeutic effects allow muscles to relax and help in alleviating pain. We offer Individual and group Aquatic Therapy Programs in our Unique avant-garde Temperature controlled smart pool using Advanced Aquatic therapy techniques customised and designed for you by our Qualified Aquatic therapists.
Advantages of Aquatic therapy?
- Aquatic therapy exercises are easier and less painful, because the forces on weight-bearing joints are reduced.
- The warmth of the water helps alleviate pain by relaxing tight or spastic muscles and increasing blood circulation
- Warm water facilitates body awareness, balance, and trunk stability.
- Water offers you a sense of Independence and improves your confidence levels
- Water is a great medium where you can explore and test your abilities to the core
- The ultimate goal of aquatic therapy is to progress you to a more functional, land-based exercise program
Aquatic therapy is ideal for the following conditions:
- Arthritis /joint pain
- Gait and balance disorders
- Musculoskeletal disorders
- Chronic back pain and lumbar stabilization
- Post-surgical Rehabilitation
- Spinal cord injuries
- Cerebral palsy and muscular dystrophies
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Athletic conditioning/cardiovascular training
- Stress and Depression